Any child currently enrolled with the school is bound to these terms and conditions by their continuing to attend class.
1) Payment - a) invoices for timetabled classes are distributed by email at the end of each term for the following term b) Payments can be made by cash, bank transfer, cheque (made payable to Lordswood Dancentre ) or by card payment at the studio c) any cheques returned will be charged a £10.00 handling charge d) all fees must be settled by the last day of term e) all fees must be handed to the Principal/receptionist in a named envelope f) if you are registered as a member of LDC, all classes must be paid for regardless of attendance
2) Exam/Costume pre payment - a) payment for exam/costume is paid for with fees and is dependent on ballet exam grade, if the Student does not do a ballet grade then it is dependent on the grade in the genre they attend b) the pre-payment covers 1 Exam a year and if more are agreed than payment will need to be made one month in advance c) the weekly payment is optional however if the payment is not paid weekly than any exam or costume fees need to be paid a month in advance and also a deposit may be required. D) the ‘Big Show’ performed at a 'theatre' is not included in this payment
3) Registration - a) all new students to the school must complete our registration forms before classes are commenced b) Any uniform for classes must be brought within a half term of being at the school c) Free 'trial' class is offered for each new genre the student attends
4) Virtual Classes - a) Where necessary virtual/online lessons may be offered if we are unable to get into the studio/face to face lesson. b) If you decide not to attend a virtual class, your place may be at risk when we return to face to face classes as priority placing will be given to those who took virtual classes. c) Payments for virtual classes must be paid in advance of each class d) No sibling discount will be offered on virtual classes
5) Uniform - a) correct uniform needs to be worn in every class. Uniform can be purchased from the school principal. (See ordering) b) for outside events school hoodie and named uniform must be worn c) no jewellery is to be worn in class
6) Ordering - a) all uniform can be ordered through the school and principal by completing the uniform order form b) payment must be received on order c) there are no refunds on uniform, if the wrong size has been ordered we will exchange and additional costs maybe payable if bigger sizes are required d) a list of uniform costs is available on our website or on request to Nicola Maynard
7) Missed classes - a) if a child misses class due to illness/personal reasons then full fee is due b) if a child is injured for more an 4 weeks then 50% fee is due and we would encourage the child to come and watch where appropriate c) if classes are cancelled by us then we will try and arrange a catch up class, if no catch up class can be arranged then the class will be credited in the next terms fees d) if we have to cancel classes for any reason we will post either on facebook/Instagram, via email and where necessary by text. We will give you as much notice as possible e) No refunds on classes are offered under any circumstances
8) Examinations/shows - a) children are entered for bbodance Ballet, Tap And Modern exams b) children who are entered for exams is at the principal's discretion c) Extra rehearsals must be attended or place may be reconsidered d) all exam fees must be paid a month in advance, if you do not pay it weekly. Failure to pay may result in place being cancelled e) To be included in the ‘show’ dance, the class must be attended at least 2 terms before rehearsals commence (if new to the school then this can be reviewed)
9) Pointe Shoes - a) in order to be considered for pointe work you must pass a minimum of Grade 4 ballet exam b) you must attend majority of the ballet classes, too many missed ballet lessons may lead to extra time being needed to bring the student's strength up c) strength classes may be provided if it is necessary before going onto pointe d) pointe shoes must not be brought until you have received a confirmation written or verbal from the principal or teacher e) it is purely the principals decision with regards to if the student is ready for pointe work
10) Termination of classes - a) if a child wishes to stop classes then 2 weeks notice must be given b) completion of a 'termination of classes' form needs to be completed c) if notice is given after fees have been paid, then the termination date will be at the end of term
In return we will give your child the most professional and up to date teaching and care to their learning. We will push them to their greatest dancing potential as well as enjoying the art of dance.